I’m ready I’m ready I’m ready (can you hear the Spongebob tone?) …for this challenge. For the hoedown my goal was to lose 5.5 pounds, and I managed to lose 3.5, and then Christmas came and I gained it back. But! That’s ok, cuz I didn’t gain more! :P This challenge is 8 wonderful weeks long and I’d be just tickled if I could lose 10 pounds. There are several reasons for this, which serve as my
1. Get my BMI into the "healthy" range. If I lose 10 pounds, that will drop me into the top of the healthy range. 10 pounds, so little yet so far.
2. Lower my cholesterol. Sometime in the next month I am due for a recheck. My dr’s recommendations in July were to “lose weight, continue exercising, and eat less than 200 mg of cholesterol/day”. For the most part I’ve done all of those, and I’m hoping it’s dropped some.
3. Become a better runner. This includes being able to run longer without walking or breaks, and even a little speed.
4. Utilize the equipment I have at home more often. Working out does not mean I need to go to the gym. I have some weights, a ball, an elliptical, a treadmill, a big clunky weight machine—heck it’s our own little mini gym! I just need to use all of it more.
5. To prove to myself that I CAN do it! (and becuz OCD wanted a 5th bullet).
I hope to get a new scale soon, I really want to start posting a pic of my weekly weigh ins cuz I think ya’ll are just cool to be brave enough to do that. EDIT:
Starting Weight: 164.5
Waist Measurement: 32”
Hips Measurement: 41”
Good lucky and healthy vibes to everyone!
EDITED TO ADD: Here's my bare-almost-all 'before' pics: