Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Plowing through

There are times like this morning that while "dieting" are easy to become discouraged by.  After what I felt was increased/better exercise and eating bettter I went through my morning ritual of taking every ounce of clothing off (cuz we can't have that affecting the number shown!) and stepping on the scale, hoping to see a lower number.  But I didn't.  And I was sad. 

I had thoughts of hell with it, just eat what I want.  But utlimately I can't do it.  It's not about "dieting" and staying on track, its about changes in my eating habits.  I don't WANT to eat a bunch of crap.  I don't WANT to gain pounds back from eating junk food.  It's not worth it to me! It's SO easy to pig out on junk food that has little nutritional value, it packs on a couple pounds in a matter of 2 days...but it takes 2 weeks to get rid of.  So not worth it.  Not to mention my body throws a protest intestinally and via skin issues, and the afternoon slump that hits from eating too many carbs.  

I'm proud of myself that I AM changing my eating habits.  And that gives me hope to keep plowing through this plateau.  I know I can lose more weight, my body will show that as long as I don't give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment