Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cholesterol Update!

The letter from my dr. came yesterday.  There was a sense of anticipation and dread all at the same time while opening it.  Would the numbers be down? Well, here's a breakdown:

Type     Start     Current     Should Be
Total     280       252          Under 200
LDL      197       169          Under 130
HDL      46         49           Over 40
Trig       208       172          Under 150

The numbers are dropping! It was enough of an improvement for him to tell me to just keep doing what I'm doing, and recheck again in another six months.  Besides exercise and losing weight, his recommendation was to eat 200mg or less of cholesterol per day.  I've also been taking Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil. I'd read krill oil is supposed to be better than typical the omega fish oil for lowering cholesterol.  IDK how much it has helped in my lowering, but its 1 simple little (yes! little, not horsepill) pill a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment