Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Check In: The Power of One!

Well, a whole week has gone by and I’ve blogged nothing. Guess I haven’t had much to say! Yesterday I was feeling a bit down. It was weigh-in/points logging day at work and I wasn’t impressed with my check in.

As for the Power of One check in?

Not as much as I hoped, but still a loss!

As for the January project? I didn’t do last weeks. I have a hard time imagining the goals I’d like to achieve this year much less realizing them as the year goes on. I could say “I ran my first half marathon” but honestly, I don’t see that happening. I tend to not plan further out than a week, I can’t plan 9 months from now. I could write “I lowered my cholesterol 50 points by losing weight”…but if I have a hereditary problem losing weight may not dent it even. I can’t say that this week’s project is much different. I’m like several others I’ve read—I hate seeing these goals I’ve written down, and I’ve accomplished nothing of them when I look back.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see my dr. and have my cholesterol levels checked. I’ve lost about 8 pounds since the end of July 2010. It’s not much, but we’ll see if it’s helped. I’ve printed out reports from the last 90 days from my tracking at My Fitness Pal (since that’s as far back as it goes) to show him that I’ve tried. I’m excited and nervous to see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was hard to imagine the future, especially after spending the past 15 years gaining instead of losing weight.

    Give it a try, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do it either, because i have goals but not sure I am prepared to put them into words. But maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete