Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

thinking vs doing

I'm really bummed I can't get to the gym anymore.  First it got down to once a week, and now it's about twice a month only.  Why? I have a 7 year old who is too old for the children's room there, but too young to stay home. We do not have any babysitters (we rarely go out).  My spouse has been working so much lately we barely see him.

Now I do realize this doesn't mean I can't work out.  I just like the gym because I can focus there. I don't look to my left and think "oh i need to clean that" etc. I don't have a child bothering me every 5 minutes for something (not that they need anything, but just want to tell me something, thus taking my focus off exercise).

In my head I think a lot of about exercises.  Do 10 pushups, 10 situps, 60 second plank. How hard would it be to do those a couple times a day, anywhere? Well at work it's awkward. I don't have a private office, I'm the front desk, and most every other office is occupied.   At home, clutter is my excuse.  To have a clean floor is a wonderful thing--but it doesn't last long.  A clean floor = space for my boy to drag every toy in the house to.

Excuses excuses.  I just need to stop thinking and start doing.  Something is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment